Data science is a field which has no ends. It doesn’t matter how much you will read it will always be less. One interviewer told me that you use only 5% of knowledge what you learn in data science. Its actually true. Although the type of questions changes according to the job profiles. I will list all the questions that I ask during the interview and also the questions which were asked to me.
keep checking this blog post as I will always be updating this post.(I will also write their answers soon)
Analytics and Consulting firms
- Explain logistic regression? why do we use it? Assumptions of linear regression
- Clustering questions- How do you choose between K means and Hierarchical clustering?
- Explain ROC curve, Precision- Recall.
- What do you mean by p-value(My favorite question. Most people don’t know answer to this question)
- Explain the steps in a data science project.
- Difference between machine learning and statistical modeling.
- Explain me logistic regression in LAYMEN TERMS. (Without using technical words)
- What is the correlation? Is it bad or good?
- What do you mean by data science.(Another fav)
- Types of join.(Must)
- What is R square?
- What is random forest?
- Explain any algorithm end to end.(Most often logistic regression and decision tree)
- Whats the most challenging project you have done? How did you overcome ?
- Explain Central limit theorem.